Lots of fun stuff here, such as a table on students by region in certain European countries. Some tendencies:
- For example, England, Scotland, and Northern Ireland all do about the same, but Wales lags, kind of like West Virginia in the U.S.
- Finnish-speaking Finns outscore Swedish-speaking Finns, although they both do well versus the world. A century ago, high achieving Finns like Sibelius and Mannerheim tended to come from the coastal Swedish-speaking population of Finland, but the Finnish lumberjacks have really come on in the world since then.
- Flemish-speaking Belgians outscore French-speaking Belgians who outscore German-speaking Belgians.
- Northern Italians outscore Sicilians.
- Madrid slightly outscores Catalonia in Spain.