October 31, 2005

Nominate Patrick Fitzgerald for the Supreme Court?

Columnist Jim Pinkerton wonders if Bush might not try to kill two birds with one stone by nominating his Administration's nemesis, prosecutor Patrick Fitzgerald, to the Supreme Court.

One of the more likely possibilities, Michael Luttig, is interesting because his father was murdered by a 17-year-old black carjacker in 1994. It would be fun to see the Democrats bring up that case to use against him!

The NYT wrote about the murderer, the middle-class son of a local politician:

"He said that as a light-skinned black teenager with lots of white friends he felt that stepping into the drug world helped him fit in with some black teenagers in town." "When I started selling crack," Beazley says, "it was like 'I'm cool, I can fit in.' I didn't want to be shunned by the black community, I guess you could say. That's a sad thing to say."

Indeed.


My published articles are archived at iSteve.com -- Steve Sailer

No comments: